Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Four Months with Lucy Anne




This little lady is four months old already. Time has simultaneously felt like it's speeding by and moving in slow motion.

Miss Lucy Anne is the social butterfly that the rest of us are not. Just give her an opportunity, and she'll start a conversation with you, even in the middle of the night, if you'd let her. She has a huge smile for anyone who will pay her mind and loves to engage in silly games and sound-offs. 

She feels deeply and has no problem showing her full emotions; there's no putting up fronts with this one. She is one passionate little girl and is determined to win any "argument." This comes to light most often when "forced" to sit in her carseat or go to bed before she's good and ready.

Developmentally, she's already light years ahead of where Aaron was at four months, but I do know girls develop faster anyway. She's already rolling over, both ways, and can do yoga poses while laying on her belly that I could never dream of doing. She's sitting up supported and grabs onto toys like her life depends on it. 

Lucy is still holding her own in regards to weight, despite the fact that I'm positively paranoid that my milk supply keeps dropping. The pediatrician sees no need for supplementing at this point, though, and I am very thankful for that. However, we will continue to go back for monthly weigh-ins to make sure she continues to stay on target.

Just shy of four months, she also caught her first major (minor) illness: roseola. And, to date, is on the third cold of her short little life. Definitely life as a second child. I just tell myself that her immune system is getting nice and strong and I'm just thankful I haven't fallen prey to any of the illnesses myself. :)

Up until about a few weeks ago she was a rock-star sleeper, giving us 8-9 hour stretches at night, making mommy and daddy very happy and well-rested. But, as of late, we are lucky if we get a four hour stretch, very lucky in fact. I'm sure a growth spurt started it and the roseola/cold sealed the deal but Brandon and I have been a complete wreck with this new, not so pleasant, change in schedule. This week we are in full sleep training mode and had a small glimmer of hope last night so we will see. Hoping to get her bunking with Aaron soon. We are not good parents when sleep deprived and we aren't very good at sharing our room (Aaron was out by week 3). :)

I am truly loving having this sweet girl in my life and, although I never imagined enjoying a girl, I am so thankful to be a steward of her precious little life. She is already teaching me so much about myself and keeps me on my knees. Because of her, I am even more passionate about embracing my role as a wife and mother, as I desire to instill the same passion in her heart. Her presence has spurred in me a desire to be more hospitable, take more joy in the appearance of my home, not just the cleanliness or organization of it, grow my own vegetables, sew, make more food from scratch, love my husband and my children well, homeschool (gasp!), and most importantly, be a missionary for my children's souls. For all of that, and much more, I praise God for Lucy's life and am looking forward to raising her and watching her grow and mature.

I love you Miss Lucy Anne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment