Well...I procrastinated on getting Aaron's 3 month stats up and now here we are...at 4 months! Whoops!
I guess I've just been too busy enjoying our little man that everything else just fades in importance. So, here's a glimpse at both months; physically, he hasn't done that much growing but developmentally, he's taken off!
Physical Stats
Apparently, the 3-month stats I took at home don't even matter because they were off. :( We got true stats yesterday at our 4-month well-check and were a little surprised....
Weight: 12 lbs 3 oz (5th percentile...down from 25th!)
Doc wants to monitor his growth this next month to make sure that he just dropped down to his normal growing pattern, rather than dropped due to infection or GI problem. This has made us slightly nervous but since we SEE Aaron happy after meals, super active, and growing out of his clothes, we are hoping that he's just leveling off. :}
Height: 24.7 inches (just a tenth of an inch gain from two months!)
Again, I'm not all that worried...he grew almost three inches between two and eight weeks old so I think we are just leveling off (can you tell I'm just trying to comfort myself.. :})
Head: 16.14 inches
This measurement I don't usually put down BUT he made a drastic GAIN here which is super, duper good!! This means his little brain is growing; which we can tell by how much he has been developmentally growing.
So, there you have it! We have a big-headed, little-bodied child...we'll be looking into circus acts if he keeps it up. :)
Milestones:
*"Talking" all.the.time! Fun!
* Rolling over...on purpose...from tummy to back.
* Sitting, with support
* Reaches for and grabs toys
* EVERYTHING in the mouth...teething!!! Ahhhh! Two little teeth are making their way to the surface!
* LAUGHING!! (By far, my favorite!!)
* Sucks thumb...sometimes two at a time. :)
* Still only sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night but considering his weight-gain, understandable, and for a concerned Mommy, necessary...need to get those extra calories in!
* He is definitely our silly little boy. He loves to smile and make faces that crack us up...so much so that he starts to cry from our cackling. :)
* He is no longer our "Crabster", instead, he is now affectionally dubbed our "Tinker" aka..Stinker. His little personality is so fun to watch and he knows it too...he is a ham and will do anything to get a response from us...and we'll do anything to get a response out of him!
This is the same child!! He has SO many different "looks" to him- from old man to cutie little boy. We are enjoying constantly discovering new ones!
* Still HATES the car seat but we are trying to get out more and just "deal."
* He is a scheduled little boy which is great when we're home, not so much when we have somewhere to be...trying to learn flexibility.
* Best parts to his day (if he could talk) would be eating and bath time; he gets the BIGGEST grin on his face when it's time to get in the tub so we have now included it in our daily routine.
* We have also discovered that he LOVES the sink; he will crack a huge smile when I set him near it and watches intently as I turn the water on and off. Good thing we don't pay for water!
* He really enjoys being outside but we are still battling the bright sun on his sweet, blue eyes...and have taken to wearing funny hats just to get out.
* He LOVES his daddy. I mean, LOVES. He gets excited to hear his voice on speaker phone when Brandon's at work and gets downright giddy when he sees him on Face Time. Weekends are time with Daddy and he could care less if I'm around, well...until he's hungry. :)
I think that's about it...for now. Hopefully I'll remember to update before he turns 6 months.
Just loving our little man...




Love it! Love him! Love you guys!! <3
ReplyDelete