Friday, January 6, 2012

You Alone

As one year ends and another begins, I'm reminded of all I have to be thankful for, especially in Christ.
Last weekend, we sung a song at church that reminded me of exactly that; especially this stanza:

"You have given me more than I
Could ever have wanted and I
Want to give you my heart and my soul"

2011 began by teaching me more about God's timing and sovereignty than I had ever grasped before, as we were faced with one more month of waiting for a child, while we watched three more friends start the path to parenthood. January 2011 was a great test to my faith as, at that time, I had no idea what the Lord had in store for my life so soon. In many, many ways, I am SO thankful for last January and all that I learned about trusting my Father in and for all things.

It was just a month later, in February, when we learned that He had deemed it best to bless us with a child, our son, Aaron Samuel.

"You have given me more than I
Could ever have wanted..."

So, so true.

Not only in my son but in His.
In my husband.
In my family.
In my church.
In my friends.
In my home.

I deserved NOTHING that I was blessed with in 2011, or in 2010, or in 2009, etc. etc. And, yet, it pleased the Lord to do so and, for that, and His unchanging character, I give Him all the glory.

2012 remains to be seen but, one thing I am certain of, is that as the Lord continues to bless {and by bless, I mean by working through my life to draw me nearer to Him} my life, I will continue to praise Him...by "giv{ing} {Him} my heart and my soul."

May 2012 count more than others. May it be the most sanctifying. May it be the most spent for the Lord. May it be the most God-glorifying of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment