Monday, November 28, 2011

Living in the Moment

A phrase I've been catching myself saying a lot recently..."I can't wait until he..."

...smiles
...starts to talk
...can see far enough away that he can entertain himself
...likes being in the car
...doesn't cry when we put him down
...sleeps through the night
...can play with real toys
...can crawl
...etc.


But when I stopped to consider the effects all those milestones would have on this sweet time with my son, as he is now...six weeks old...I realized I just need to relish all these little moments and say..."I love his..."

...funny faces
...accidental "coos"
...blowing bubbles
...cross-eyed stares
...morning stretches
...midnight feedings
...snuggles
...changing table "chats"
...tiny little "death grips"
...uncoordinated hand and feet jerks


As each milestone approaches, I loose one more of these sweet aspects of his infancy that I have come to cherish.

Learning to love my son as he is now...

Learning to live in the moment....

It'll all be gone so fast.

2 comments:

  1. the cross eyes faze was adorable but at the same time creepy .. haha I think I'm glad we're out of that particular stage ... and the "sleep with the eyes open and rolled back" stage .. eek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so hard to not look forward to the next thing they do, but try try try! you will never regret fully appreciating the phase they are currently in!

    ReplyDelete