Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grandpa

My father was an amazing daddy. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect "playmate" and guardian of my little life. He could make me laugh like no one else could and yet was the best at comforting me after a disappointment. There is *so* much more to be said about how awesome a daddy he was, but you're going to just have to trust me.

Fast forward to present-day. He is still a wonderful, wonderful "daddy" and my love for him has grown so much over the years. When I found out I was pregnant, I knew he had the potential to be an amazing grandpa as well; however, I knew he was unsure of himself after all these years of not being around children. Because of that uncertainty, I wasn't sure how he would respond to Aaron, especially as an infant.

Well, no uncertainty anymore! I do believe it was love at first sight for both of them and I am absolutely in love with the sweet bond they instantly formed. ANY time my dad is around, Aaron is wide-eyed and stares at my dad so intently; totally calmed by his presence. And it is so fun to watch my dad take tons of pictures of Aaron, WITH Aaron, and hearing that he's emailed them off to friends, boasts of him at golf games, and tries to visit as often as he can get away with it. While I knew my dad would end up being a much better grandfather than he thought of himself, never, in my wildest dreams, did I except such a deep bond so quickly and I LOVE it!

Here's just a few pictures of my first love and my newest love together...






I could stare of these pictures for hours; they are a perfect reflection of their sweet bond. And, to think that their bond will just deepen with time. Can't wait!

Now, just to figure out what to call him..."grandpa"... "pappy"..."pops?"


1 comment:

  1. they have the same face in the 2nd picture....he totally resembles your dad!

    ReplyDelete