Monday, April 18, 2011

Little One @ 13.5 Weeks

Last Thursday, Brandon and I were blessed to be able to see Little One again. I was super anxious leading up to it and had to continually take my thoughts captive. You see, as thankful as I was to no longer be feeling sick, I was now worried that maybe something was wrong; I mean I didn't feel pregnant OR look pregnant, and I most certainly couldn't FEEL Little One yet. So, long was the road to Thursday.
BUT, praise the Lord, when the ultrasound came on, we saw THESE:

 (The head is on the left, facing up; the ear socket, eye socket, and jawbone are visible.)

( This is an ariel shot; you can see the head to the right and the two arms and hands interlocking on the left; the joints are visible!)


We were able to see a strong heartbeat but I was still a little nervous because Little One wasn't moving at. all. However, when I voiced that concern, my doctor asked me to cough and, when I did, Little One started moving all around, moving arms and twisting in all different directions! We were beyond thrilled and I was so thankful for such great evidence that our baby is growing and developing perfectly!

Unfortunately, we were REALLY hoping to find out the gender at this appointment. We knew it was a little early but we had friends that found out far before 13.5 weeks so we were hopeful. Our doctor said she didn't want to make any definitive statements because it really was too difficult to tell BUT there is a possibility it's a boy; well that, or a kneecap! :} So, we have to wait until May 20th to find out for sure! I will be eagerly anticipating that day!

Other than our checkup, we have just been reveling in my new-found health and energy; taking walks, going on dates, catching up with friends. It's amazing how much you miss when you are out of it for seven weeks!

I am finally able to start some early planning for Little One and that has been fun because it makes all this much more of a reality, rather than an amazing possibility. 

I really don't have much of a belly yet. If you know that I'm pregnant then you are definitely able to tell at this point but, to the general public, I simply look like I have no self-control when it comes to food.I was a little worried that, at this point, I don't look more pregnant and that I am still actually LOSING weight, rather than gaining, but my doctor reassured me that it's a good thing; means I am eating healthy and doing what I need to be doing. All in good time I guess but I'm at that stage where I want the world to know (and see!) that we are a family of three, not just fat. :) 

I can no longer stand OR sit for long periods of time; I am constantly having to move or I get insanely uncomfortable! I learned this first at Universal Studios last week when we went with Brandon's family. It was such a great day being out and about but I didn't realize just how quickly my body would start to restrict me from various activities or positions. I was only able to go on the Back Lot Tour and for all the "shows" I had to sit in the non-moving seats. Standing in line was SO difficult and I was constantly "squatting" so I could change position. Ha! It's amazing how quick "normal" flies out the window!

It's nice being able to eat food and enjoy it, rather than just downing it so I don't barf! While I was sick all I wanted was starches and protein and now all.i.crave.is: SALAD! Such a drastic turn-around (considering I couldn't even THINK of salad while I was sick) but it has been fun trying to search out various salads to enjoy! :) Curious to see what the remaining 6.5 months will bring in regards to cravings!

Anyways...just a little update on the Lessa family! 

1 comment:

  1. and a lovely little update it was!! so glad you are back to normal Meghan! :) Well, I still won't make my house too cold or I might be sorry!! :) :) :)

    love to you 3!!!!

    ReplyDelete