Monday, March 21, 2011

So Blessed

These past four weeks have been HARD.

I have been queasy EVERY day, throwing up most days, and just unable to do ANYTHING. I am now on my third week staying home from work; I have been that incapacitated. Church, fellowship, time with family; it has all been hindered by this "morning" sickness...which, for the record, does NOT restrict itself to mornings.

I would be lying if I said EVERY moment I remembered to be thankful. To be sick for four weeks straight, not clearly being able to determine the ending point, it's difficult to keep the right perspective.

However, this morning I woke up to this post on dear Carly's page, and clearly was reminded why I am SO thankful for this "yucky" time.

The Lord reminded me this morning that each time I re-acquaint myself with my porcelain friend, I DO have a very clear reason to praise Him for the reason we have become so chummy lately. There is LIFE within me; the Lord heard our cries and answered them and gave us a gift beyond all comprehension. I didn't expect that our life would be changed like this quite as "quickly" as it did and I am in awe at my Father's grace.

Grace in...
* getting pregnant
* being pregnant with SO many of our dearest friends (10 to be exact!)
* a husband that cares for me and loves me so unselfishly
* watching my belly grow with life inside
* bringing a child into this world
and
* raising a child in a way that honors Him

How can I NOT be thankful for all of that?? I can't; we are blessed! I just need to remember this every moment so that the Lord and His grace is always at the center of my thoughts, rather than the queasiness, puking, tiredness, cramps, hunger, hormones, and overall yucky feelings that so easily worm their way to front and center.

Thank you, Carly, for being used by the Lord to remind me of this.

Choosing to be thankful....

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I hope you feel better soon!! Zofran is known to work wonders. And that post from Carly is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete