I woke up this morning with my first (albeit small) case of morning sickness. Mainly just nausea at 5:00am, keeping me up the rest of the early morning. Eating a few crackers helped calm my stomach...that is, until I decided to try some yogurt for breakfast and immediately learned yogurt is NOT good for a queasy stomach! Lesson learned there.
It's weird to say, but I am excited about morning sickness! It means that I am really pregnant and Baby is growing!
Just not sure how this is going to "mesh" with work.....my principal told me to just excuse myself, do my "thing," and return to the classroom. I'm not sure if that's really my personality! Ha!
Thanking the Lord for morning sickness!
What really helped me in the first trimester was making sure I didn't go to bed on an empty stomach. I also slept with a glass of water and something to snack on by my bed (so I didn't have to get up and take that nauseating walk to the kitchen). I relied on mini Luna Bars, Saltines, and pretzels. And I was the same way - annoyed to be sick, but mostly just grateful that it meant the baby was growing!
ReplyDeleteMeghan, I did the same thing as Mary -- had the crackers by my bed and ate before even getting up. And a Sprite became a fixture on my desk at school :) So happy for you and praying for health and joy as you experience every phase of this blessing! In Him, Laurie
ReplyDeletei've been waiting for more updates! :)) i obviously have no advise about cures for morning sickness...but i'm so happy for you! :) Bren & i are praying for you three! <3
ReplyDeleteAHHH! Like what, 8 hours after we were talking about it!! :)
ReplyDeletesaltines!!!! had a stash by my bed too!! I loved hard candy to suck on and gum to chew... helped keep me busy!
SO crazy to know that you feeling yucky , but that = baby thriving!!! the Lord is good!! :)