Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Looking Back

I was just reading back through all of my posts this last year, especially the ones dealing with infertility, and stumbled upon this quote I had posted here

"All this time the Lord is training you up in the exercise of faith and patience, and bending your wills in submission to Himself, and what do you loose by that? Yea, and whenever the desired mercy comes, it will be so much sweeter to you, for look how much faith and prayer has been employed to produce it, how many wrestlings you have had with God for it, so many more degrees of sweetness you will find in it when it comes....are not those mercies you expect from God worth waiting for?"

Looking back, I would say this quote by John Flavel sums up our trial of infertility perfectly.

The Lord grew us in patience and faith like we could have never imagined. And when that "desired mercy" came on February 12th, it was definitely so.much.sweeter.

Brandon and I never want to forget the last two years and everything we learned in the midst of that trial. All of this....Baby Lessa....was definitely worth waiting for!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words!! Your story is such an encouragement to me! Isn't it SO nice to find comfort and peace in the Lord!? I am SO excited for you guys as you start your journey in to parenthood!

    ReplyDelete