Ok...so many have asked for the details. As many of you know Brandon and I, we are not very fancy, creative, or exciting people, so the details of this story aren't either, except for the fact that they were so very unexpected!
This past Saturday, I was having an incredibly difficult time focusing on the various plans we had going on and was struggling with contentment as I was now three days late. I truly did not think that was any sign of pregnancy, however, because that seems to happen to me so often. I was holding out on taking a pregnancy test because, whenever I do, I always see a "negative" and my period always starts minutes within taking it. So, I hadn't taken one, even though I was coming on four days late. And I was grouchy.
To top all this frustration off, I had found out another close friend was pregnant that Thursday (love you!) and I was facing numerous upcoming baby showers for dear friends. I wanted to be thrilled for them but I was getting so tired of this trial. Along with that, I was speaking to some women at a party who were getting frustrated with me, as I told them that we were not seeking medical intervention. While I was convinced that was the right course for us, I was weakening under the pressure...maybe everyone was right and I was being crazy and stubborn. And, with all those emotions, I was three days late and convinced my body was playing tricks on me again. Ugh.
Sweet Brandon was trying to distract me from thinking of it all but I finally decided that I needed to take a pregnancy test just so I could see that "negative," cry, and move on. We picked up a couple of tests at the store on our way home, along with "Despicable Me," which we decided to watch as our veg/forget about the negative test movie.
Well, we all know how these tests go. Pee and wait. Brandon was laying on the bed and I had the door closed to the bathroom; more so that when I saw the negative, he wouldn't have to see my reaction. He was just asking me how long the tests take when I finally decided it had enough time to register the results. I turned around, preparing for nothing more than a negative, when I saw TWO BRIGHT lines, forming a CROSS!! All I could do was swing open the door, stare at Brandon, with my mouth wide open in disbelief. We both uttered words of complete shock and then just starting crying. Crying and holding each other. Crying and praying, thanking the Lord for this most amazing and unexpected blessing and ending to this trial. (Well, that is, until Brandon stroked me and urged me to calm down, assuming I was crying too hard and might hurt the baby! :)
When we recovered (a little) from the shock, we immediately started calling friends and family. There was no way we were going to keep it to ourselves when we knew how many people were praying for us (and keeping track of my cycles!). It was so very fun to hear all the reactions and cry all over again with our friends. So, although it wasn't the most exciting way to find out and announce it (over the phone), we wouldn't have done it any other way.
Three days later, we are still in shock, with a little bit of disbelief thrown in, although, my body "woke up" and immediately started providing me with pregnancy symptoms upon learning the news. But I take all the cramps, fevers, and migraines with a smile on my face, because they mean that our trial of infertility is over and we are heading into a new chapter, one that we are absolutely thrilled about!
man, you have me crying over here. holy cow. :) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! This is just so exciting...c'mon baby Lessa!! The Lord is kind!
ReplyDeleteThis is still SO EXCITING!!!!
ReplyDeleteOctober 16th is an excellent day for a baby. That was Owen's original due date. So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteJess
OMG that is amazing news!! I've been praying for you both!! SO so happy for you!! You will both make such awesome parents. HUGS to you both!
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for you two :) what an excellent testimony in trusting the Lord during a trial/struggle. God is SO good!
ReplyDeletepraise the Lord! praise the Lord! praise the Lord!!! We are sooo excited and soo happy for you, two!! :))))
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Megan! I am so excited for you guys! Praise God!
ReplyDelete