I am so long winded and so short on time that I decided to combine these two days and simply list my favorites in bullet form. I know, so not interesting! But I get all excited about books, too excited, and I can never narrow this subject down. So here are a "few" books that I return to time and time again.
Fiction:
* Gone With the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
* Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
* The Left Behind Series- LaHaye/Jenkins
* Chronicles of Narnia Series- C.S. Lewis
* Pretty much any children's book!!
Non-Fiction:
* The Hiding Place- Corrie ten Boom
* A People's History of the United States- Howard Zinn
* The Worst Hard Time- Timothy Egan
* Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow- Leon Litwack
* Heaven- Randy Alcorn
* The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment- Jeremiah Burroughs
* The Fruit of Her Hands- Nancy Wilson
* Respectable Sins- Jerry Bridges
As you can tell, I am much more of a non-fiction reader. I love any book dealing with U.S. History, as well as biographies and autobiographies. However, most of my reading revolves around theology and spiritual disciplines. As I've stated before, I usually have between 4-6 books going at a time and I try to mix it up and include as many of these categories as I can! But none of them get read before my time in the Word (the Bible) each day; that takes absolute reading priority!
What are your "must reads?"
No comments:
Post a Comment