Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day #16: Song That Makes You Cry

Sorry for the silence, those of you who read. It's been a long week and I haven't had time to sit down and collect my thoughts. And now that I do, I really don't have enough energy! Sooo...I am skipping Day #15 right now {a role model} because that topic is just way too heavy and involved for me to process right now!

Day #16 doesn't require nearly as much thinking: name a song that makes you cry.

If you're anything like me, all different kinds of songs make you cry depending on the mood you're in. However, there is one that has definitely been "it" for me lately, as we work our way through this mixed trial and blessing of infertility. It's entitled, At Your Feet, by Casting Crowns. Here are the lyrics:

Here at Your feet, I lay my past down, my wandering, all my mistakes down and I am free.

Here at Your feet, I lay this day down, not in my strength but in Yours I've found all I need. You're all I need.

Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, oh to dwell and never leave.
Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, there is nowhere else for me. There is nowhere else for me.

Here at Your feet, I lay my future down, all of my dreams, I give to you now and I find peace. I find peace.

Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, oh to dwell and never leave.
Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, there is nowhere else for me. There is nowhere else for me.

Here at Your feet, I lay my life down for you my King, You're all I want now, and my soul sings. 

Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, oh to dwell and never leave.
Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, there is nowhere else for me. There is nowhere else for me.


These lyrics remind me of where my heart needs to be, in complete submission to my Father's will. Because that's the only place I will truly find peace. Peace amidst trials. I am beyond thankful for this truth and I love these songs that remind me so eloquently of it.

And a few runner-ups for this trial-filled road we're on:
*Enough- Jeremy Camp
*There Is a Reason- Caedemon's Call
*Out of the Depths- Sovereign Grace
*Praise You In This Storm- Casting Crowns
*All songs on Sovereign Grace's album: Come Weary Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment