Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day #4: Favorite Book


Besides the Bible that is...


Hands down. Favorite.
The book is rich with history: vivid descriptions of the Civil War. glorious images of the Old South. intriguing elaborations on southern gentility, hospitality, and family loyalty. 
Splendid.

Do I love the movie? Not so much; just another love story. (and while I enjoy the love triangle, the movie doesn't do it justice; doesn't capture the subtleties and complexities of each character's true feelings)
In all fairness, I just purchased the movie this past week to see if I had previously been mistaken and made an error in judgment. Nope. Not really.

I'm sticking with the book.
love.
Go read and fall in love yourself.

1 comment:

  1. okay, on my drive home from my conference last night, two girls just raved about this book! I have never read it, but I think its a must now!

    ReplyDelete