The first one: Europe. 2006. 7 countries. 16 days.
My friend Elyse and I decided to go on a "big girl" trip to Europe, just the two of us, for two weeks. Of course, we treated ourselves to a "tour" rather than back-packing it through; we weren't that adventurous!
We had a fabulous time: saw amazing sights, tried new foods (sort-of), endured a few trials, made lots of memories, and took a ton of pictures!
We started off in:
LONDON!!
I think those were the most crammed pack days full of sight-seeing and goofiness.
Next stop:
Brussels, Belgium
Ummm...there aren't too many pictures from this city. We weren't very impressed.
We followed this low-point up with:
Germany!
We stopped in Cologne, Heidleberg (pictured), and Munich (which we didn't care for and ate Subway!)
Then...onto one of our favorites of the trip!
Austria!
Must see: Innsbruck (below) and Salzburg
With a two day stop in Vienna (eh.)
Moving on to:
Italy!
With stops in: Venice (oooo), Verona, and Milan (yuck!)
Now: Onto my absolute favorite (mentioned in the previous post):
Lucerne, Switzerland
I just couldn't get over the sights! It was breath-taking, surreal; I felt like I was dreaming the whole time. DEFINITELY returning one day!
Last Stop:
Paris, France
All I can say is: we hated it. Maybe we didn't give it a fair chance but, I think it's safe to say, neither one of us has any desire to return.
Ok...to wrap up this post:
Next trip: East Coast. 2009. 10 states. 10 days.
Here's just the highlights. Try to guess which ones were my fav.
D.C.
Mount Vernon, Virginia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
New York City, New York
Boston, Massachusetts and surrounding areas
By far my favorite was the Boston area, although we missed out on a lot because of a huge rainstorm. We will definitely be finding our way back there some day.
My least favorite: come on...you must know...
Phew! That was long. Thanks for hanging in there. Although there were lots of pictures, they don't even begin to tell the stories. Both trips were amazing, with amazing people.













SUBWAY?!? Who would eat at a Subway while traveling through Europe?!? (that was supposed to be our little secret :) Haha, best trip of my life! People can say what they want about going on a bus tour, but how many other people can boast a group of old people offered them money when they ran out of their own??
ReplyDeleteWORST PART: New York!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you LOVE big cities, tons of people, crammed sidewalks and skyscrapers...
ReplyDeletesuch cool pictures though!!!