Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why I Wasn't Posting...

This past weekend I got way behind on the 30-Day Blogger Challenge I was participating in. I had a good reason. This past weekend was super busy!

Friday evening and all day Saturday I spent at a women's conference at our church. Well-known author and counselor, Elyse Fitzpatrick, was speaking to us about the power of the gospel, not only to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus, but in the everyday life of the believer; something we can never dwell on and consider enough!


Those two days were absolutely amazing and convicting! All women need to listen to these sessions! Sitting here thinking over the conference, I am trying to find a concise way of explaining the impact it had on my life, but I just can't (my friend, Julie, does a pretty good job!). You'll just have to listen for yourself and be changed! As soon as they become available on our website, I will post them here for you to listen to. If you're too impatient for that, check out her website for resources; the picture of the book above, Because He Loves Me, is where she got her content for the conference. I have not personally read it yet but, be sure, it's being added to my list of must-reads!


After the conference, we headed over to my highschool's Homecoming game to see my cousin in the Homecoming Court.
I can't believe this year I will have my 10-year reunion! Boy does time really fly!
Homecoming was fun but so much has changed (styles, attitudes, traditions, etc.), adding to the feeling that I am, indeed, getting older (not that I was ever hip and with-it)...maybe not "old" but getting older, nonetheless!


Sunday, we headed up to Bakersfield for a family wedding (on Halloween, yes!). Brandon's cousin was the one getting married. It was sweet seeing family members that live out-of-state.

We only wish we could see them more often! The time went by too fast!

The rest of the crazy family! I love that I get to be a part of the madness!


Now that I'm all caught up, I hope you'll forgive me for my silence!


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel as though I *just* got out of high school - and that it's impossible that I'll be having my 10 year reunion in a couple of years (Preston's is this year!)...and then sometimes (especially after I chaperone high school dances) I feel OH MY GOODNESS so old and out-of-touch it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete