Ok. So sad! I cannot get my pictures to upload and, in my opinion, pictures are everything, especially when it comes to conveying beauty or
excitement (nausea-inducing) that defines a place.
But, for the sake of not delaying my updates for this
blogger challenge any longer, I will continue on and if I can ever figure out how to fix the problem (
read: I stink at technology so that goal may be hopeless) then I will edit this post to include pictures. (
Update: picture dilemma solved!)
Here goes:
Day #22: Favorite City
This is difficult so I am going to include three cities: my favorite from CA (where I live), my favorite from the U.S., and my favorite from the world.
CA: Avalon, Catalina Island.
This city is not the easiest to get to but I LOVE taking any chance I get to go there. It's a seaside city on one of our Channel Islands (a couple hours by boat). There are no private cars allowed on the island so you can bike or take a golf cart everywhere. The scenery is beautiful and it's a quiet, lovely place to stroll around in. There are endless amounts of things to do there, depending on your mood and interests. Although I've been there numerous times, I haven't been able to go with my husband yet but the second that opportunity arises, we're going!
U.S.: Michigamme, MI
I don't know that you could technically refer to this as a city, it's so small (i.e. the closest grocery store is over an hour away), but it's my all-time favorite anyway. This {city} is located on Lake Michigamme in Northern Michigan. My grandparents had a beautiful house up there and I spent many summers visiting. It's just quiet. serene. calming. I have so many great memories attached to that place. Sadly, they moved back to CA in 2004 and I haven't been back since. Maybe one day we can have a summer home there and I can return.
World: Lucerne, Switzerland
I have never traveled to a place so beautiful. so breath-taking. I don't know if there's any other way to describe it. I fell in love. And I WILL find a way to return.
If you are any sort of observant, you would have quickly noticed that my favorite cities are not known for hustle and bustle. Quite the contrary. Totally makes sense when you realize that crowds make me nervous and that I am quite the introvert. Alone is best. I would have made a great monk (monkette?)!
Here's hoping my uploads work for todays challenge: Favorite Vacation! Check back later!
No comments:
Post a Comment