Success
Webster's Definition: n. 1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors. 2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like. 3. a successful performance or achievement. 4. a person or thing that is successful.
My Definition: any thought or action that I take that brings glory to God is a successful one.
*If I love my God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength, I have been successful.
*If I love my neighbor as myself, I have been successful.
*If I love my husband and submit to him as unto the Lord, I have been successful.
*If I do my work heartily and submit to governing authorities, I have been successful.
*If I boldly proclaim the gospel and plant seeds in others' hearts, I have been successful.
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31
I will never achieve "success" perfectly or completely, apart from Christ's work on the cross. Because of Him, my filthy rags become gleaming garments of righteousness before my infinitely holy and loving God. I can stand before Him one day and hear "Well done, good and faithful servant," not because I have done anything worthy of that proclamation, but because Christ has done His work and the Holy Spirit has enabled me to glorify the Father with my meager offerings.
Thank you Lord, that although I may not be successful in the eyes of the world, I have found favor in Yours...and I count that a success. May I use whatever station of life I find myself in, every circumstance that I come across, every thought that enters my mind, to bring glory to Your name.
"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." - The Westminster Catechism
amen! :)
ReplyDelete