Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day #1: Biggest Accomplishment

Here's to the start of, yet another, blogging challenge; this one hosted by:


I'm catching up on a few days so here goes...Day #1: Biggest Accomplishment


Hmmm...this topic is a little difficult for me; I don't feel like I'm a very accomplished person. Ha! Mostly because I am a perfectionist, often so much so, that I drop things/projects that I start because I realize that I can't do them perfectly.

With that said, I guess my biggest accomplishment to date was getting my M.A. in Education. While I call it my "fake" M.A. (I didn't have to write a thesis and I completed my degree in 12 months) I still earned it by going to school full time while working full time as a Fourth Grade teacher. It was a lot of work but, by dragging my friend Gemma into the program with me, I had the support I needed to get through and finish my degree! So, fake M.A. or real M.A. (I do have the diploma, unforged, by an accredited college, so I guess it's real) the hard work paid off and now I have an extra $40 a month (before taxes) in my paycheck to show for it! (Thanks, L.A. Unified...)

No comments:

Post a Comment