Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day #15: Bible Verse

As strange as it sounds, I really don't love this topic...having to pick a favorite Bible verse. As one who loves the Lord, I naturally love His word...in it's entirety. To pick one, I feel like I am paring my theology and my view of God down to one single thought; one single attribute.

With that said, there are verses (more like passages) that I read more than others during different seasons of my life, verses for when I am rejoicing, verses for when I am weeping, verses for when I'm anxious, verses for when I'm trusting. This changes from day to day. My goal is just to have as much of God's word hidden in my heart as possible so that when I do encounter those various seasons, I can immediately recall what my God has said about each one.

As for this time in my life, when life is so uncertain...one verse I continually recall to mind is: 
Psalm 62:5-6
"My soul, wait in silence for God only, 
For my hope is from Him. 
He only is my rock and my salvation, 
My stronghold, I shall not be shaken."

I may not know what my future holds but I can be sure that God does. I need not be anxious but wait on Him (silently...not acting as a child saying "Are we there yet?" or "Why?"), for His ways and timing are perfect. Because my hope is in Him, nothing that happens in my life can cause my heart to be in utter despair and I can rest in the knowledge that my God knows best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment