Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Infertility Awareness Week

So, I am a few days late but I still wanted to take the time to acknowledge Infertility Awareness Week, which was last week, April 21-27th, 2013.

While I am on the other side of infertility now (to God alone be the glory!), I never EVER want to forget what I learned in those two years waiting for children. God absolutely used those two years more than any other in my life to strengthen my faith and draw me nearer to Him. It was in my waiting and in the uncertainty of the future that I truly came to trust, deep in my soul, that God was enough for me. And, while God did indeed have biological children written in His will for my life, I am continually looking back on those years, recalling God's goodness and God's sovereignty through them. To this day, when the memories of those years and those lessons learned are stirred up, I am brought to tears, literal tears. When I hear of others struggling with infertility...still waiting, still praying, still trusting...I am moved to pray for them fervently.

Something that did help me greatly during those years was song; songs that reminded me of God's character, songs that met me in the despair, songs that offered words of encouragement, of hope, and of praise for all that the Lord does for His children. While the following song was not yet written at the time of my journey, it is one that moves me to remember and to be thankful. It's not about infertility specifically but if you, dear reader, are struggling, regardless of the trial, let it encourage your soul.

And know, dear reader, if you are struggling with the specific trial of infertility, whether I am aware of it or not, I am praying for you. I praise the Lord for my journey because, Lord willing, I can use it to encourage and pray for others, others such as you.



1 comment: