Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life Lately

There has been much on our plate lately, fortunately, all of it exciting!

First off...my FIRST overnight trip WITHOUT Brandon...EVER...I was a bit nervous about that but ended up having a blast with some very good friends. Thankfully, I didn't have to go toooo far out of my comfort zone; we just spent a wonderful day and a half down in nearby Santa Monica.

 Had the chance to stay in the beautiful Georgian hotel...
shop 3rd Street, eat at yummy Bubba Gumps, stroll the pier and....

indulge my craving for ice-cream, coffee ice-cream that is...which resulted in me having to buy a GALLON to appease it (I didn't eat it all!:)

We had a DELICIOUS breakfast at the amazing Viceroy Hotel
and spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the beach, soaking up some rays.

All of which we three preggos enjoyed from a sitting position most of the time! :)


While I was away, Brandon and a bunch of our friends moved us across town to our new apartment! We have been here almost two weeks now and it has been such a HUGE blessing! We are so thankful for our new place and hope to stay put for a number of years.

Memorial day we spent eating and hanging out with a group of friends and were overwhelmed with the fact that 20 weeks of pregnancy had already FLOWN by.



After all that, I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in one of "my girls'" wedding. Pregnancy hormones or not, I was overcome with emotion that day as I watched two amazingly godly and wonderful people join together in marriage; I don't think I have EVER cried so much during a wedding ceremony! While Brandon and I both agree that it has been a LONG time since we have been so genuinely excited for a couple and that probably has a lot to do with the emotions, the wonderful ceremony also reminded me so much of the amazing gift I have in my own husband. 


I couldn't help thinking of Brandon the entire time the ceremony was being performed, as I knew that every admonishment to our dear friends were things that I see consistently and lovingly in my husband. I am overwhelmingly blessed to be married to Brandon and I found myself thanking the Lord throughout the ceremony for the precious man I am married to. 

Brandon and I with Mr. and Mrs. Rhoads! 

Overall, the evening was a beautiful celebration and we enjoyed being a part of the start of their new life together.
We couldn't be happier for the two of them and can't wait to see how the Lord uses their marriage to bring Him glory!

Here's a peak at my tummy at 21 weeks!


And finally, this past Monday, I was able to help celebrate the upcoming arrival of my bestie's third...

a BOY! (She has two girls!)

We hosted the shower at a restaurant so that there would be as little prep and stress as possible...it was definitely the way to go as there are MANY more showers approaching!

Future besties, Aaron and Jack, getting to know each other better.

We are so excited to be having boys at the same time! While she is two up on me, it will be fun experiencing all things BOY for the first time, together.



Other than that, I am eagerly counting down to my official "retirement" from the teaching profession (15 days from today!) and my body is learning to adjust to the extra weight I am now starting to carry, creating one VERY exhausted but VERY blessed woman!




1 comment:

  1. :) glad the craziness of June is almost over for you! :) then comes craziness of baby!! i love the belly shots. you are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete