and were then told that we were, indeed, expecting a SON!
I had been sure of this all along but it was so sweet to hear the confirmation and to look at the picture, knowing we were looking at our little boy.
Aaron Samuel
What's in a name???
We are truly blessed by this little guy already and wanted his name to be a reflection of that.
Aaron Samuel carries so.much.meaning.
As I have mentioned before on my blog, Brandon had an older brother who passed away, at a young age, of cancer. His brother meant the world to him and is so much a part of my husband that there was no other choice; our little boy would be named after his much loved uncle, Aaron.
Aaron and Brandon
We decided on this long before we were married but kept it a secret from his parents until we knew we were having a boy. So, today, after finding out the gender and putting the finishing touches on a Mother's Day gift, we went to his parents' house and revealed the gender and name of their first grandchild, who was to carry their precious son's name. Fortunately, I was able to catch this wonderful moment on tape:
Aaron's middle name is not special in the respects of being a family name but it carries just as much meaning to us.
One morning, I was reading through 1 Samuel about Hannah's struggle with infertility and her pleadings with God for a child. Hannah promised the Lord that if He would grant her desire, she would dedicate that child to the Lord and His service.
The Lord was, indeed, gracious to Hannah, and opened her womb, after years of waiting. Hannah kept her promise and named the child, Samuel, which means "because I have asked him of the Lord" or "God has heard."
When I read that meaning, I knew that, after two years of praying for this little one, Samuel had to be a part of his name, as we know that is was the Lord that heard our cries for a child and opened my womb.
So, there you have it: Aaron Samuel Lessa
He's got a BIG name to live up to but we are confident that this little guy is going to do great things for the Lord and will bring much honor to his family!
We love our little boy so much already and canNOT wait to meet him!!!
But, while we are waiting, here's the "belly shot" I have been holding back on showing, mainly because I don't have much of one! But, nevertheless, here were are....at 18 weeks....
Again, praising the Lord for my precious son (and the blessing of being able to feel him kick and wiggle around already)!

the video!!! tears in my eyes!! what a special special moment...!!! love you and baby aaron!!! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
CONGRATULATIONS!! Aaron Samuel is a beautiful name, and I love your reasons for choosing it. And you look fantastic! I didn't feel like I had much of a belly at 18 weeks either, but man, once the third trimester hit, I expanded like WOAH!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I just watched the video (twice) - so, so, so sweet. What a gift to Brandon and his parents.
ReplyDelete