I am a reader. Being a reader is a defining characteristic of my life. I always have my nose in a book four or five books at a time. (If you look at the right-hand column of my blog you will see a list of books I am currently reading. This is constantly being updated.)
My husband is constantly in awe of my insatiable desire to read, anything and everything. My idea of a good time is finding a comfortable place to cuddle up with a good book and read, for hours. I read to escape...I read to grow. There really is no limit to what I enjoy reading and the list is constantly changing based on my moods or interests at any given time.
I have always been a reader. My father read to me every night when I was younger and trips to the bookstore and library were frequent. I get giddy in those places and often have to go in to bookstores without a purse or I will break the bank.
All this to say...this book "whispers" to me!
This year, our new principal decided to start a book club for our staff and "The Book Whisperer" was our first read. It is an incredibly motivating read for teachers who desire to see their students get as excited about books as they are. It is written by a teacher who took a simplistic, yet profound, approach to getting her students to read and love books.
If you are a teacher, becoming a teacher, or are in a field of work that gives you lots of interaction with children, you must read this book.
This book makes me long to be teaching upper grades again, to explore books with my students as this teacher does. Nevertheless, even as a teacher of pre-school aged children, I can take my love for books and "infect" my preschoolers lives with the same love and same enthusiasm I have for them.
I know for sure, one day, my own children will be infected with the contagious world of books!

I've always been in awe of people that have the ability to read multiple books like you can! I am glad you love to read and Get to read! :)
ReplyDelete