Introducing....
Dad:
You already know about him...
Mom:
I only knew my mother up until the age of 10...when she passed away.
I remember: shopping, gardening, swap meets (i.e. shopping), All My Children, shopping, perms, trips to Grandma's (with shopping after), baking...did I mention shopping?
I thought I knew so much about her but, since becoming a teacher and realizing just how young 10 is, I know now that I was just getting to know her when she died.
I am thankful for the memories & pictures that I DO have...and somehow, I have managed to inherit some of her personality traits! :) My children will never know their Grandma but at least they will have her to thank that Mommy doesn't drag them shopping all the time!
Judy:
Judy...although not "officially" entitled "Mom"... has been in my life longer than Mom was. She and Dad started dating when I was 11 and she's been around ever since! I gave her an awfully hard (ok...down right unbearable) time at first (i.e. a couple of years) but she was amazingly patient and sweet through it all and we have become really good friends.
As much as I tried to fight it (as most daughters do with mothers) I have become more like her than I care to admit...and we have quite a laugh over it now because they tend to be the more paranoid and obsessive-compulsive ones.
Thanks for not giving up on me, Judy, and for loving me as your own!
And finally...the newest addition as "parents"...the in-laws!
Officially my "parents" for 2.5 years now; they are a blessing to my heart! I was instantly welcomed in as their daughter and they treat me as if they bore me themselves!
No typical "in-law" drama in our family...I love them to pieces!
Love you Mom & Dad!
I'm really enjoying this 30 Day Blog Challenge! I'll be back tomorrow with....Day #5: Siblings!
Love the post, I didn't realize how much you looked like your Mom. Hard to believe that sweet Megan was ever a stinker to Judy!!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a picture of your mom, she's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour mom was such a sweet person :) I can barely remember back to when I was that young, but I have one or two memories of all the family together and her being there. I know she is missed by many!
ReplyDeleteyou for sure look like you mom and I know that she is watching over you each day!
ReplyDelete