Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweetness

At our parenting class the other day, a friend of mine sat in front of me with her newborn. After class, she turned around and asked if having her sit there made it harder on me and apologized for not thinking of it sooner. She was so sweet to be thoughtful but I responded with joy, "Absolutely not!"

And I was being sincere. While some days it is hard to see another person with a round belly or new baby, for the most part it is a joy to be around my friends and their kiddos.

Just in the past few days I have been so blessed to play with, hold, and snuggle three beautiful girls that mean the world to me, along with their amazing parents. It's a blessing to be at a stage in my life where I can be there for them...whenever...wherever, since I don't have my own little one(s) to care for. One day that won't be the case. One day, they will, understandably, take a back seat to our children. Right now, I am delighting in this season of my life, being "Auntie Meghan." And if ever that feeling wanes, put one of these little ones in my arms and I will immediately remember the sweetness of this season. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. Giving God glory for YOUR sweetness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are so thankful for you! and thanks for being super sweet while reese passed an ridiculous amount of stinky gas on your lap!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete