Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Wills Merging...

For those of you who DON'T know...a little over a year ago my husband and I decided we were ready to expand our family...as most of you DO know...we haven't yet! :) That's where the verse on the top of my blog comes from...well, our whole lives really, but currently it refers to this "trial" we are going through now. I put the word trial in quotations because, yes, it has been discouraging and frustrating at times (many times!) during the past fourteen months BUT we understand that we are being called to wait on the Lord and His PERFECT timing. HE knows what is best for us and I am thankful for that!

Overall, we trust His timing and we rejoice that He has numbered our days, as well as our children's! Brandon and I will not be pursuing fertility tests or treatments as agreed, ever. We know that it is the Lord who opens and closes the womb and He can make the impossible, possible. While I know that scientific advancements and medicine can be used by Him to accomplish His will, for me, to place my hope in them would be to NOT place my hope in Him! Soo....we wait on the Lord. We petition Him for a little soul that we can raise to love Him and do great things for Him but, ultimately, we wait. And, ultimately, we know that He is "more than enough."

I'm not entirely sure how often the topic will come up on the blog. Probably when I am having a difficult day, hopefully on a day when the Lord blesses me with peace about it!

I tell you this so that you can follow us on our journey, pray for us, encourage us, and rejoice with us if and when the Lord decides to bless us with a family!

4 comments:

  1. I love the title of this entry. You are so wise to trust in his perfect plan :) I'll be praying for you guys. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand...it took me years to conceive both Adam and Rachel. God totally has perfect timing, even when we don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Brandon are so wise, beyond your years, in trusting in what the Lord will bring. Regardless of if or when, know that he loves you and you are living a life that honors him. Blessings, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! :) I really enjoy reading people's blogs and being encouraged through they're experiences or better knowing how to pray for them. I'm so encouraged by your steadfast trust in our Sovereign God and i know that whenever the Lord wills, however he brings your children into your arms, you guys are going to be wonderful parents <3
    ps: let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete