Monday, June 21, 2010

My Amazing Men


I have been beyond blessed in the way of Daddies!

First up...my own precious Daddy, John! What can I say? He has been there for me since the moment I took my first breath (well, maybe a few moments after that; he passed out for five minutes upon my arrival! :) But, all joking aside, this man has had to do double duty since I was ten years old, when my mother died. He has been an incredible father and not-too-shabby fill-in for Mom. He has made some huge sacrifices for me through the years...some necessary, some just to please his little girl. We have spent endless hours together: road-tripping, golfing, going on evening walks, playing games, watching movies, shooting the breeze. No matter what we do together; it's always sweet with him by my side. He truly has been my best friend throughout most my life; the man that loved me first. :) I love you Daddy...more than I could ever express in words!

By being married to Brandon, I gained another Dad, Nick! The moment that sealed my heart for him forever was the night I came over for dinner after our engagement. I was nervous; Brandon and I had only been dating six weeks or so, but the moment I stepped through their door, Nick came running up to me and said, "Welcome to the family! We finally have a daughter!" And Nick meant it; from the very beginning he welcomed me with open arms and lost no time in referring to me as his little girl. I love you for that Dad...and for giving me the greatest blessing in being married to your son!

And, while my husband is NOT a daddy yet...I cannot wait for him to be one! He is going to be an amazing father to our children one day. Not just because he's so fun to be around, not just because other children adore him, or even the fact that he is more patient than any man I've ever met, although those alone qualify him as super-star daddy material; it's for one very simple, yet profound, reason: our children will get a pretty clear picture of how they are loved by Jesus when they look at their Daddy. He has all the makings of a biblical father and truly does represent a fantastic picture of Christ's love for His church. He would never say that about himself, but I know it to be true, and I can not wait for our children to know it too!


Finally, and most importantly, I have an incredible Heavenly Father, with whom their is no shifting shadow or variation of turning. He is my rock; my fortress, and without His love and never-ending mercy upon my life, I would be lost. Thank you Abba Father for loving me, the unlovable, and making the greatest sacrifice a father has ever made; offering Your son as ransom for my sinful soul.

Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment