
Grandma Lash and Mom c. 1947
Growing up I spent many, many hours there, mainly on Wednesday nights when my mother and I would head over there to have dinner and shop with my grandmother and aunt. Such wonderful memories: tightrope walking on the fence, playing in the huge back yard and getting those itchy balls from the sycamore tree all over me, creating food with Grandma's potpourri, having parties, playing Skip-Bo, eating Ding-Dongs (Grandma didn't like to cook and would eat a Ding Dong a day to keep the doctor away!), having meals at Chi-Chi's pizza and coming home to show off what we bought at Tar-jey (Target). And those are just a few fond memories; I don't think I would have enough space to write down all the wonderful things I remember about Grandma's house. I love that house...and I love those memories. With Grandma and Mom gone, those memories are what I have to stay close to them. They are precious.
Today I went over to look through 58 years of memories with my aunt, taking some home with me. Looking at old photographs, reminiscing with my aunt, and riffling through all the "stuff" that kept me entertained at Grandma's house was sweet.
I am thankful for the time I had to spend...walking down memory lane.
That picture looks a lot like YOU! So fun...
ReplyDeleteOh Grandma... ding dongs never have been the same, Is still call Target Tar-jey (Michael thinks I'm crazy), and one you didn't mention but could never be forgotten was the countless meals (especially breakfast) shared with her at CoCo's. This was fun to read and reflect on all the great times we shared!!!
ReplyDelete