Onto Lucy Anne...
Our dancing queen, our social butterfly, our vocalist, our evening's entertainment, our cheerleader, our pick-me-up of choice...
Life certainly is different with Miss Lucy Anne around; she is everything we are not...and we love it.
We hear over and over that she has one of the best smiles ever and she just loves to light up a room with her bubbly and joyful personality. She doesn't seem to mind who has her, just as long as someone is paying her mind. She's going to be the one in our family to make friends here in Georgia, and then introduce them to us. :)
We are constantly laughing at her antics and love to watch her goofy little personality develop. She has a head bob and a hip shake that is to die for and she does what we refer to as a "hi-ya!" that is hysterical! She also loves to make all kinds of silly faces and is encouraged to create more when she hears someone laugh at her.
She absolutely adores her brother and loves her daddy to the moon and back. Both of these guys put the largest smile on her face when they walk into the room.
She is my cuddly one and I am grateful for that. In an effort to have self-soothers, I had been cautious to not pick up either one too quickly, or hold them too long, and that has, for the most part, turned both Aaron and Lucy into kiddos that don't love being held and won't cuddle for long periods of time. :( However, Lucy will randomly come up and crawl into my lap and lay her head on my shoulder. She will sit still with me for a time after finishing her bottle and just be still. I am thankful for this. Even though I've succeeded in not having "needy" cuddly children, I am thankful for a willing, happy cuddler, during acceptable waking hours. :)
Developmentally, she's still on the upper end of average in almost all areas. Currently, she's weighing in at 20 pounds 12 ounces (about the 90%) while her length is fairly average (28")...making for a little girl with rolls for days! We just call her our true little Italian. :)
My last update (at 4 months) indicated that my milk supply was great and there was no supplementing in sight. Well, just a few short weeks after that post, it plummeted and quickly disappeared altogether. So, we've been on formula for a little over 4 months now but have learned to be thankful to live in an age where such a thing is available and we praise the Lord for good health, despite the lack of the "best" food.
Speaking of food...solids. Oh my. Between being the second child and our across-country move, I had been so slow at introducing her to solids. I was so on top of it with Aaron and, by 9 months, he had been exposed to almost every food possible at that age. Lucy? Not so much. Having now settled into a routine here in Georgia, I am finally feeding her solids three times a day. It's hilarious to me, however, because her rolls would indicate that she eats far too much when, in reality, she eats more like a little bird. She does not seem to mind any food that we've given her thus far but she doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about any particular food either. She does, however, love to eat everything that isn't traditionally labeled as "food" and we have to watch her like a hawk as she scours the floors, looking for "food." This has helped me to be more on top of cleaning the floors, though. ;)
As for other developmental milestones: she's pulling herself up, cruising like mad, and will often stand for a few seconds unassisted. She appears to have no actual interest in walking, however, as she would much rather fall into someone's arms and cuddle. She just constantly needs to have human contact. :)
She's also an awesome sleeper...just like her brother. Almost 12 hours at night...and she's quickly adjusted to the light we have on a timer so we don't hear a peep out of her until 7am. In recent days, she has found naps over-rated but, since she's such a cheerful little one, we haven't minded too much.
She's babbling a.lot. Remember, I said she's our vocalist? We already know that we have a lot of work ahead with her and having a gentle and quiet spirit. :) I'm sure she rambles off "words" but I've never been one to figure that out. She is, however, using different "sounds" and changes her inflections so I know she's on the right track.
She loves to clap and wave and dance and has recently starting pointing at things...things that I didn't witness Aaron do until he was well over a year old. But, I think that has to do with different personalities and the fact that she is all.girl.
Overall, our lives our brighter with little Lucy in them and we love her, despite all our reservations about having a girl. We look forward to watching her continue to grow and develop and are truly enjoying having her in our family.



No comments:
Post a Comment