I had no idea how Aaron would react to his sister once she was here. I knew, as a toddler, he'd probably be too rough with her and wouldn't really be of much "help" caring for her due to his young age (only 15 months). It would be expected and we prepared ourselves for a rough start. But, boy, was I wrong.
This little boy is infatuated with his little sister. He runs to her when she cries, consoles her by patting her head (gently), putting his head on her, and even sharing his beloved blanket with her. He loves to rock her in the swing and he is constantly showing her his favorite cars and books.
To be honest, he does get a little sad and mopey when our attention is focused on her but he has yet to lash out or take it out on her. Any emotional adjustment that has been visible is simply a more sensitive little boy. And we are thankful for that.
I know this sweet, sensitive side may not always last but I am greatly enjoying being witness to it now and the bond they are already forming. I look forward to watching how that bond grows through the years and I pray it will just continue to strengthen and that a true friendship would form between the two of them.
Here's just a glimpse of the sweetness we've seen over this past month.
Not to mention, they are pretty much twins, just 15 months apart.
What do you think? So far all I see is a little darker hair on Lucy and a little more chub. ;)
We laugh because, not only were they born in the same exact hospital room, delivered by the same midwife, bundled in the same blanket and hospital cap, but Brandon just happened to wear the same shirt the day both of them were born, unbeknownst to us, until we looked at the pictures. Since they look IDENTICAL at birth (minus Lucy's darker hair but, at the hospital it's covered by that hat), it's going to be extremely difficult in 20 years to figure out who's birth picture we are staring at. The only giveaway MIGHT be that there's daylight streaming through the window in Lucy's pictures, whereas Aaron was born in the middle of the night.
Maybe all that plays a part in their close bond at such a young age...twins at heart? Either way, we are enjoying these two so much and can't wait to see how their bond, and looks, develop over time. :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment