Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Little "Bumps" are Big Reminders

Well, we have THREE days to go until our little guy is "due!"
I absolutely cannot believe that the day is drawing near; it seems like we have been waiting for it FOREVER. Brandon and I can't wait to hold him in our arms and love on him!

We are ready for him. We have planned everything out and are prepared...we THOUGHT.
HOWEVER, the Lord loves to remind me that I am not in control, as I know I so often feel like I am. 
He threw many "bumps" at me today in remembrance of that fact. Little bumps; non life-threatening bumps thankfully (everything is OK, our little guy's arrival just may not go according to MY plan), but bumps nonetheless...to redirect my thoughts and my hope back onto HIM. 

I was tempted to be anxious; I was tempted to loose control of my emotions. But then I remembered...
HE is in COMPLETE and SOVEREIGN control over my life, our life, our son's life. 
HE knows (and has perfectly planned) how our little guy is going to enter our lives.
HE knows what is best for our family and will bring it about in His good timing.
And, most importantly...
HE loves Aaron with a far more perfect love than I ever could.

We hope and pray that, in a few short days, we will be holding our healthy and sweet little boy but we are entrusting the when and the how to Him.

You can pray that I hold fast to the truth I know and rest completely in my Father's will for our labor and delivery!

Stay tuned. The next time I post may very well be after our little boy gets here!


No comments:

Post a Comment