Well....another month has come and gone and I'm not pregnant. That makes for 15 months of trying. We know that the timing of Baby Lessa is completely in the Lord's hands and that, if it wasn't this month, it wasn't His plan or the little one that He has for us! We ARE excited for the month when it is His plan for us to get pregnant but Brandon and I have much to be thankful for. We are learning not just to be content, but to rejoice with where the Lord has us!
Brandon and I just celebrated our two year anniversary...time certainly does fly by! We had a wonderful day: going to breakfast, picnicking in the park, and going out to dinner. Simplicity at its' max but it was what we wanted...we have been so busy lately; we just wanted to be together without running around. We know that when our family starts, this long, relaxed, lazy anniversary will take on another flavor, if it even resembles it at all!
Reflecting on two years of marriage and our short dating/engagement time, with each month that does pass by without Baby Lessa, we gain another month just to ourselves: time to learn about each other, grow in love toward one another, go to bed when we want! :) We have soooo enjoyed our marriage; we are continually in awe that the Lord brought us together and blessed us the way He has! This time alone, without the responsibility of parenthood, is a blessing; some days I have to remind myself of that and others, I long for it.
Along with that, I am facing another year of work and I know the Lord has me there for a reason. It has been a huge joy (with a little frustration thrown in) to be a teacher for the past five years. In some ways, it is preparing me for motherhood, especially now that I am teaching pre-school; planning and organizing for fifteen kiddos, not to mention being patient with them, should help in my raising two or three! It won't make it easy, just easier.
Brandon has gone back to school (3 nights a week and after working 7-4!) and is plowing through his work quickly; somehow I don't think that would be happening if Baby Lessa was already here! Soo...we are thankful. Brandon should be done by next Spring/Summer which means that we clearly see the Lord's hand in the timing of our family because, had I gotten pregnant before, Brandon couldn't finish school!
Lastly, with another month gone by with no sign of Baby Lessa, it gives us a chance to prepare for that day when he/she makes its' appearance. We are taking a parenting class at church this summer and it has made us both acutely aware that there is still soooo much we need to learn about being parents. It is a high calling, maybe one of the highest there is, and we don't want to take that lightly or mess it up. When we do have children we will have the huge responsibility of raising them to fear the Lord; we won't be able to save them, but we must point them to the Savior. When I look at my life, I see how short I fall of my own life pointing to my Savior, how could I raise a child to see Him clearly? So, the parenting class, while we are eager to put into practice what we are learning, has helped us to see that this time without is a blessing, because there is so much to learn and so much to work on in our own lives and in our marriage first. While getting pregnant will not mean we have accomplished all this; I rejoice that we have some time to learn before we are in panic mode!
I choose to post all this on a "good day" but, rest assured, I am human and I have bad, discontented days. Hopefully this post will serve to remind me of all the blessings my life holds in those days when it is hard to be thankful.

Loved reading this post, Meghan. So encouraged by you and your attitude through all of this! xoxo
ReplyDelete